COVID-19 Reopening Procedures
The last several months have been a trying time for us all. As Governor Jay Inslee relaxes stay-at-home guidelines and allows our office to resume patient care, it is our goal to prioritize the safety of our patients as well as our staff. Our office has always prided ourselves in exceeding infection control guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA). However, in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, we aim to implement further strategies and protocols to ensure your safety.
As we move forward, there will be a number of changes that you will notice at the office. We are making new protocols for scheduling of appointments as well as management of financial and insurance transactions. Please know that due to the challenges of staffing and scheduling during the COVID-19 pandemic, we may need to reschedule your appointment with short notice. After your appointment has been made, we will contact you 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email with a set of health-related screening questions before your arrival. This is an essential screening process that is required before your appointment – we will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is a list of enhanced precautions that we plan to implement in order to protect your health:
- Upon arrival to the parking lot, please call our office phone to let us know that you have arrived. We will ask you to wait in your car until you can be directly escorted to your treatment room in order to eliminate contact with surfaces and other patients.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the clinic and we will ask that each patient use as they enter.
- To maintain hygiene the reception area will have all shared items such as magazines, toys, lip balm, and coffee supplies removed.
- The waiting area will be disinfected at a regular interval throughout the day.
- If patients require use of the seating in the waiting area, appropriate distancing measures will be required.
- Sneeze guard or droplet barriers have been installed in our reception area for added precaution.
- Previously shared items such as pens will be single use and either given to the patient or disposed of.
- We will record temperatures of each patient upon entering the office, followed by a brief survey on any recent symptoms of illness.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures implemented between each patient.
- Office staff and dental providers will be wearing additional personal protection equipment (PPE) to decrease risk of germ transmission.
- Enhanced daily disinfection procedures of equipment and surfaces throughout the office such as doorknobs, chairs, keyboards, and computers.
- Longer appointment times will be scheduled to allow our team to complete all appointment tasks and duties in the most safe and comprehensive manner.
- Increased communication before and after the visit to provide updates on treatment and scheduling.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding changes to our office policies. We understand that many of these changes may come as a burden, however it is our goal to maintain the utmost level of safety for our patient and our staff as we move forward.
Thank you for being our patient and entrusting us with your health and dental care. We very much look forward to seeing you and welcoming you back to our office.